Tropical Fish Forever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tropical Fish Forever

A forum about tropical fish

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Auriglobus Silus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
groovitudedude
groovitudedude

Auriglobus Silus Empty
PostSubject: Auriglobus Silus   Auriglobus Silus EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 1:17 am

I was thinking about getting one... Anybody here have one?
Back to top Go down
groovitudedude
groovitudedude

Auriglobus Silus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auriglobus Silus   Auriglobus Silus EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 10:32 pm

Guess not... They're extremely rare, I heard. Getting one for my 20G
Back to top Go down
Ryan (Admin)
Admin
Ryan (Admin)

Auriglobus Silus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auriglobus Silus   Auriglobus Silus EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 3:59 pm

nope dont have one
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishforever.darkbb.com
groovitudedude
groovitudedude

Auriglobus Silus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auriglobus Silus   Auriglobus Silus EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 1:54 am

Got One! He's crazy awesome.
Back to top Go down
Ryan (Admin)
Admin
Ryan (Admin)

Auriglobus Silus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auriglobus Silus   Auriglobus Silus EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 7:24 pm

i dont mean to intrude... but dont you have a LOT of fish in just your ten gallon? i thought the rule of thumb was one inch of fish per gallon?
Back to top Go down
https://tropicalfishforever.darkbb.com
Colin_T
Insane about fish
Insane about fish
Colin_T

Auriglobus Silus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auriglobus Silus   Auriglobus Silus EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 10:34 pm

That rule has lots of variables and should only be used as a basic guide. You can have 100 fish in a 10gallon tank as long as they as compatible and the water quality is kept up to scratch.
I use 10gallon tanks to rear up rainbowfish. I keep a couple of hundred fry in them and as they grow I reduce the numbers to about 50 per tank. I do a 50% water change each day and keep a close eye on the water chemisty.
Other factors include the fish's height and body mass, and also how much they move around. A fish that is deep bodied like an angelfish, might only grow to 4 inches long but they end up the same height (not including fins). Having 2 full grown angelfish in a 10gallon tank just wouldn't work out well because they don't have enough room.
Having a 10inch oscar in the same tank wouldn't work either. It is only 10 inches of fish but it is just too big for that size tank.
Having 20 khuli loaches in the tank would be fine because they are skinny and peaceful. They also don't swim around a lot and as such they would be ok in a 10 gallon tank with some plants and rocks/ wood to hide under.

If you do a partial water change each day and you have really good filtration you can keep more fish in a small volume of water. But it means you have to do more work to keep the fish healthy. And if something goes wrong you lose a lot of fish very quickly.
Back to top Go down
groovitudedude
groovitudedude

Auriglobus Silus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auriglobus Silus   Auriglobus Silus EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 11:40 am

Actually, it's doing fine. None of the fish have died and it's been set up for over like 4 months now. Very Happy thanks though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Auriglobus Silus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auriglobus Silus   Auriglobus Silus Empty

Back to top Go down

Auriglobus Silus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tropical Fish Forever :: Fresh Water Fish :: Odds n' Ends-
Jump to: